Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I am the parent of a severely disabled child.


It is my duty and my privilege to defend and advocate for my child. If you come against my child I will hold you accountable and make no mistake about this. The law of man and the law of God are on my side. I will prevail.

I hold the moral high ground on this issue. Any action you take against a disabled child is despicable and any excuse you make whatsoever only makes you look worse.

If you take my child's handicap parking space I will be there with my camera and cell phone. I will call 911. I will take photos and I will press charges. You will feel the heavy boot of the law on the back of your neck just as you have done to my child and whatever excuses, attitudes, and profanity you used at the time I will repeat in front of an unsympathetic judge who will believe me and call you a liar.

If you exclude or discriminate against my child and you are not exempt from the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) I will be there with the United States Department of Justice and you will feel an even heavier boot of the law on the back of your neck.

If you exclude or discriminate against my child and you are exempt from the ADA because of your religion I will make a public spectacle of your actions. You think you can deflect blame and your excuses will stand? Think again and listen to the words of your own God.

Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” Matthew 25:41-46 (NKJV)

Make no mistake about this. When you exclude my child your own God says you are, in fact, excluding Him and you are cursed. There is nobody on this planet who fits the definition of “the least of these” better than a severely disabled child and excluding that child sounds an awful lot like “did not take Me in” (one common translation says, “I was lonely and you never made me welcome”). Remember that when you make your self-serving excuses and blame shifting.


I am the parent of a severely disabled child. I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment